Antelope Valley Youthbuild
About Antelope Valley YouthBuild
Antelope Valley YouthBuild is a leadership development program that offers opportunity youth from the ages 16-30 an accredited high school diploma through our education partner Youthbuild Charter School of California. Our purpose is to offer youth a safe, supportive, and structured learning environment as well as helping them rebuild their communities and their lives. Participants spend six to twenty-four months in our program dividing their time between hands-on construction learning utilizing Building & Trades Multi-Craft Core Curriculum (MC3), career training and project-based learning.
Participants serve their communities by building affordable housing and participating in Community Service Learning projects. AVYB offers classroom-based education, counseling services, certified construction training, career development, and community development; as well as courses in construction training and wildland fire technology. Our vision is to create a positive impact on a young person's life by providing them with the opportunity and tools to be empowered as leaders of today for tomorrow.
- Flexible Scheduling/Online Education
- Classroom based education
- Counseling Services
- Certified Construction Training and courses
- Career Development
- Community Leadership - Members serve their communities by building affordable housing and participating in community service learning projects
- 16 years to 30 years
- Needing a High School Diploma
- Willingness to learn and participate
How to Apply:
Click here to apply